[code] [curses initialization]

From: Hugh Low <HughLow3.att.Live.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:42:29 +0000

I attempted for the first time today to look at the terminal version of ta
on my Win10 PC, but it doesn't seem to load correctly.

As soon as the terminal window appears, I get a 'textadept-curses.exe has
stopped working' dialog. If I attempt to debug it with VS, I get an
unhandled exception with a 'Access violation reading location 0x0C101F00'
message.

I've attempted to start it a few times and I've tried it with older versions
of ta, but it's always the same messages. Another thing to mention is that
I'm just attempting to load the terminal (ie I'm not asking it to load any
files).

I've been using ta for a long time and I know that I've successfully used
the terminal version on older computers without any issues so I'm sure the
issue is at my end.

It's not a major problem for me because I really only ever use the core
application, but I'm concerned that this may be indicative of a more serious
problem.

Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Hugh.