[code] Re: Turning off syntax highlighting/theme

From: Arnel <jalespring.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 02:08:08 +0800

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 18:00:10 +0100, Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:
> Hi Arnel,
>
> Am 19/03/16 um 17:44 schrieb Arnel:
> > Here's my WIP:
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/rcl/ta-nosh
> >
> > I've added a short README to help explain how to use the theme.
> > Any feedback, especially on how to make the string highlighting properly
> > toggle-able, would be appreciated.
>
> Very interesting, I'm not sure I could use it all the time but it's
> definitely worth a try -- or giving a different perspective on the code ...

Thanks. I'll try it for 2 weeks to see if I can get used to it.

> Something like this, setting the theme again, might work:
>
> _G.nosh_colorstr = true
> keys.c1 = function() -- Ctrl+1
> _G.nosh_colorstr = not _G.nosh_colorstr
> ui.set_theme("nosh-dark")
> end

It does work, but oddly enough, it widens the spaces between the lines after the
redraw. If you go to another buffer then back to where you previously were, the
spaces become normal again.

Here's a 'Before' screenshot of what happens if you're interested (I
deliberately used a smaller font size to show what happens):

http://postimg.org/image/umqt76mk9/

Here's the 'After':

http://postimg.org/image/tox5a26bl/

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04. Haven't tried it on my Windows box yet.

----
Thank you,
Arnel