Re: [code] Re: Toggle menubar visibility

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 22:06:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Carlos,

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016, Carlos Pita wrote:

> [snip]
>
> One of the reasons I want to hide the menu is theme inconsistency between
> gtk and the rest of textadept. And this is also true of the unhideable
> status bar. At first, I thought I didn't want to change my entire gtk theme
> but just to tweak my .gtkrc a bit in order to make up the status bar. But
> it's not really possible to change the status bar bg without changing other
> textadept widgets bg, and so I found myself in the way of writing a full
> fledged gtk theme, which I want to avoid at any rate.

Forgive me if you've already tried this, but you may be able to tweak the
statusbar via a "textadept*GtkStatusBar" selector. I haven't tried it
myself, but I do have something in my Gtkrc that changes Textadept's
textbox background colors (and only those).

Reference: http://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#GUI.Theme