Re: [code] Re: Toggle menubar visibility

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 02:31:00 +0000

Hi Mitchell,

thanks for the commit!

Forgive me if you've already tried this, but you may be able to tweak the
> statusbar via a "textadept*GtkStatusBar" selector. I haven't tried it

No, this doesn't work. As far as I can remember now, the status bar is just
a couple of labels in a box, not a proper gtkstatusbar widget.
Nevertheless, the main problem is not this but that the background
(bg[NORMAL]) doesn't belong to a label but to some widget below it, so it
must be set using a "textadept" or "textadept*" selector.

For example, after defining:

style "ta" {
  bg[NORMAL] = "#ff0000"
  fg[NORMAL] = "#00ff00"
}

1) widget "textadept" style "ta"

will set both the fg and the bg of the status bar (and many other widgets).

2) widget "textadept*GtkLabel" style "ta"

will set just the fg of the status bar.

I think the best solution is to generate a family of base16 themes from
https://github.com/robertseaton/numix-base16/blob/Ocean/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.
<https://github.com/robertseaton/numix-base16/blob/Ocean/gtk-2.0/gtkrc>
AFAICS only the gtk-color-scheme variable has to be changed. I will give
that a try tomorrow and attach some screenshots of the result.

Cheers

--
Carlos