Re: [code] Re: Toggle menubar visibility

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 08:58:01 +0100

Hi,

Am 22/03/16 um 18:10 schrieb Carlos Pita:
> Robert, since I use your base16 themes I will ask you something more at
> the risk of going off-topic:
>
> One of the reasons I want to hide the menu is theme inconsistency
> between gtk and the rest of textadept. And this is also true of the
> unhideable status bar. At first, I thought I didn't want to change my
> entire gtk theme but just to tweak my .gtkrc a bit in order to make up
> the status bar. But it's not really possible to change the status bar bg
> without changing other textadept widgets bg, and so I found myself in
> the way of writing a full fledged gtk theme, which I want to avoid at
> any rate. Now, there are a couple of numix base16 adaptations for gtk
> around the web. To build a generic base16 template from them (at least
> for gtk2) seems pretty easy: there are just 10-20 colors to set. What do
> you think of adding a gtkrc template to your theme collection so as to
> let the user skin textadept completely, including the gtk parts?

Sounds like a worthwile idea. I just did the Textadept template for the
base16-builder[1], but I agree that it should be fairly easy to build a
gtkrc template. Maybe a separate repo for these would be better, because
at the moment you can clone the complete repo into ~/.textadept/themes
which I think is quite useful.

More generally, maybe the status bar could be a text buffer as well. I
think many editors have them editable and stylable that way.

Mitchell, have you ever considered this?

[1]: https://github.com/chriskempson/base16-builder