Re: [code] Small quirk in Makefile for FreeBSD

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:49:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi eto,

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016, Martin \"eto\" Misuth wrote:

> As far as I know iconv is part of FreeBSD base some time now - that means no
> package provides it (unless it's some port add-on override) and all
> applications should use system version.

Sorry for the delay, but I had some time to look into this this morning. I
think the reason why iconv isn't explicitly linked on GTK on *BSD is
because I'm expecting `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0` to include `-liconv` in
its output. I presume on your machine the above command does not output
`-liconv` somewhere?