Re: [code] [textadept] 'Find' with Lua patterns does not support UTF-8

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 14:06:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Constantine,
>
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2016, Constantine Bytensky wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I figured out that Lua patterns in find dialog does not support UTF-8
>> symbols (I use Cyrillic).
>>
>> I tried to fix this and found this project:
>> https://github.com/starwing/luautf8
>>
>> So I replaced src/lua/src/lutf8lib.c and added src/lua/src/unidata.h
>> using files obtained from project. Also I modified
>> modules/textadept/find.lua as in patch below.
>>
>> [snip]
>
> I had some time to experiment with luautf8, but I'm a bit uneasy building it
> into Textadept at this time. However, I committed a change[1] that does not
> assume 1-byte character widths in Lua pattern searches. You should now be
> able to replace `string.find` with `utf8.find` (via `~/.textadept/init.lua`
> or the command entry) and benefit from UTF-8 pattern searches without the
> need to patch Textadept's `find.lua`.

After some followups to this thread (most recently from Giovanni), I have
decided to include luautf8 in Textadept[1]. This change will be in the
next nightly and should address any issues with Lua pattern searches
involving UTF-8.

Cheers,
Mitchell

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/c0d58e56b6d9

-- 
You are subscribed to code.att.foicica.com.
To change subscription settings, send an e-mail to code+help.att.foicica.com.
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to code+unsubscribe.att.foicica.com.
Received on Sat 26 Mar 2016 - 14:06:51 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Sun 27 Mar 2016 - 06:43:16 EDT