[code] Re: Debugging language modules

From: Arnel <jalespring.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 12:41:16 +0800

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 14:41:49 -0400 (EDT), Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Hi Arnel,
>
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016, Arnel wrote:
>
> > Hey Robert,

> >> In your properties.lua file you can overwrite Textadept's defaults, this
> >> gives me a red box (with Solarized theme):
> >>
> >> local INDIC_BRACEMATCH = textadept.editing.INDIC_BRACEMATCH
> >> buffer.indic_style[INDIC_BRACEMATCH] = buffer.INDIC_FULLBOX
> >> buffer.indic_fore[INDIC_BRACEMATCH] = buffer.property_int['color.base08']
> >> buffer:brace_highlight_indicator(not CURSES, INDIC_BRACEMATCH)
> >>
> >> (I use a base16 theme, so you might not have other colors defined, you
> >> could also specify a color directly.)
> >
> > Thanks. I got there by:
> >
> > local INDIC_BRACEMATCH = textadept.editing.INDIC_BRACEMATCH
> > buffer.indic_style[INDIC_BRACEMATCH] = buffer.INDIC_ROUNDBOX
> > buffer.indic_fore[INDIC_BRACEMATCH] = property_int['color.cyan']
> > buffer.indic_alpha[INDIC_BRACEMATCH] = 100
> > buffer.indic_outline_alpha[INDIC_BRACEMATCH] = 50
> >
> > Setting the buffer.indic_alpha and buffer.indic_outline_alpha adjust the
> > opacity. However, it's too bad there's no complement 'buffer:indic_back'
> > table to allow, for example, simply reversing the foreground/background colors
> > which is usually the case with other editors with similar bracket-matching
> > features. As it is now, both the bracket itself *and* the background color
> > *and* the outline are colored the same.
> >
> > Perhaps a feature request sometime in the future?
>
> There are two ways to highlight braces: either using indicators or
> using styles. The GUI version uses indicators and the terminal version
> uses styles. It sounds like if you want to use foreground and background
> colors exclusively (no decorations like the default box), then you should
> go the styles route. Take a look at the "term.lua" theme:
>
> property['style.bracelight'] = ...
>
> You'll want to put a version of that in your theme or in your
> `~/.textadept/properties.lua`. (If the latter, make it `buffer.property
> ...` -- note the 'buffer.' prefix.)
>
> Then in `~/.textadept/properties.lua`:
>
> buffer:brace_highlight_indicator(false, 0)
>
> That will turn off the indicator and use the style you defined.

Other than the fact I need to add that one line to 'properties.lua', this is
brilliant. :)

It would make the theme easier to use if I could incorporate that line into the
theme file itself and just ask the user to drop the file into
'~/.textadept/themes', but I will take what I can get and just advise the user
to do the same in the README file.

Thanks again, Mitchell.

----
Thank you,