Re: [code] Re: Textadept 9 poll: Lua patterns or Regex?

From: <rhkramer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 15:48:44 -0400

On Monday, July 04, 2016 05:17:24 AM Arnel wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 23:07:10 -0400 (EDT), Mitchell wrote:
> > The question I have for you is would you prefer to have Regex searches
> > instead of Lua pattern searches? I've been tinkering around with keeping
> > them both as options, but I haven't found an elegant way to do it. I
> > think I'd prefer keeping one over the other. If Lua patterns end up
> > getting the boot, I'll post some code on the wiki to bring them back for
> > those that prefer them.
>
> I'm OK either way.

I don't use Textadept, at least at this point, nor do I know what Lua pattern
searches are, but that won't keep me from offering my $0.02.

Beginners will probably be exposed to regular expressions in other
applications that they use, so I'd suggest you provide regular expression
search. If you want, provide Lua search patterns as an option.

That is, unless Lua search patterns match some other well known search system,
like, I don't know, Google?