Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 9 poll: Lua patterns or Regex?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 21:11:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> hi... I wouldn't mind having both. However, does it make sense? Unifying
> would mean that newbies learn only one and that would maker the editor more
> attractive to them. Since Lua is the grounds why not just Lua?

Having both does not make much sense to me, as I hinted in my original
e-mail. While newbies can start off with Lua patterns instead of regex,
most programming languages use regex anyway and having to juggle two
pattern matching syntaxes as a beginner may be expecting too much. I'm
just thinking out loud though.