Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 9 poll: Lua patterns or Regex?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 21:17:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Am 03/07/16 um 05:07 schrieb Mitchell:
>> I've been experimenting with integrating the TRE regular expression
>> library[1] into Textadept.
>
> I haven't tested it yet (waiting for the next nightly!) but would it be
> difficult to include the fuzzy matching as an option? When taking a look
> at tre/agrep this seemed like a useful function for searching text but
> mainly for filtering lists of files or functions (as in Textredux).
>
> Or is this already possible, just not by default?[2]

No, I don't believe it would be difficult to include fuzzy matching as an
option. However, I'm a bit wary of it, mainly because it appears to be
somewhat of a work-in-progress and experimental (and it perhaps adds some
additional compiled size). If you're feeling particularly adventurous, you
can edit the "src/tre.patch" (from your second link) to "#define
TRE_APPROX" instead of keeping it "#undef"ed, recompile Textadept, and see
how it works out for you. Maybe it'll be worth it in the end.