Re: [code] Prevent Buffer from switching the carrot

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 18:52:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Thijs,

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Thijs Thiessens wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm a new textadept user. Awesome program. I have a question though. I have a
> file opened and I try to compile this file. I see that the message buffer
> opens as a new tab as default. How can I let textadept open the message
> buffer standard as split view and keep the carrot in the current file.

This is actually a bit messy.

I would recommend the following: after compiling your file once, and the
message buffer is shown, split the view as you prefer, then switch to the
previous view and back to your file. Now you have your file open in one
split, and the message buffer in the other split. Next time you compile,
the message buffer will be focused, but you can immediately switch back to
the file with a key binding (Ctrl+Alt+P for example). If you really want
this to be done automatically, you can do this in your
~/.textadept/init.lua:

   -- Change the default Tools -> Compile menu command.
   textadept.menu.menubar[_L['_Tools']]['_Compile'][2] = function()
     textadept.run.compile()
     ui.goto_view(-1, true) -- Textadept 8
     --ui.goto_view(-1) -- Textadept 9
   end
   -- Change the default key binding to use the new command.
   keys.cR = textadept.menu.menubar[_L['_Tools']]['_Compile'][2]

You will still need the split configuration described in order for this to
work as expected.