Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 9 poll: Lua patterns or Regex?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:30:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks everyone for your invaluable feedback on this topic. It means a lot to
> me that our community is so engaged!
>
> As announced in the 9.0 alpha 2 released just now, regex searches are now
> built-in, and they are replacing the existing Lua pattern searches. There are
> still outstanding tasks on my end like putting on the wiki an option to go
> back to Lua pattern searches, and looking into a parallel for Lua's '%b()'.
> I'll take care of these in the coming days.

I've added a new module to the wiki[1] that allows for toggling between
regex search and Lua pattern search via the "Search" menu (you can also
bind a key to it if you'd like). By toggling to Lua patterns you'll have
access to Lua's "%b". You can also get Lua code execution in replacements

[1]: http://foicica.com/wiki/lua-pattern-find