[code] [textadept] A bunch of newbie questions

From: Anton Pastukhov <pastuhov85.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 22:31:10 +0700

Hello,

I'm new to Textadept, and I have some questions. I read the manual and
the wiki, but my Lua and TA API knowledge isn't very good. I'm currently
migrating from Vim and trying to mitigate inevitable productivity loss,
so I have some noobish questions:

 1. Multiple edge columns. This can be useful in some cases, e.g. PHP
    PSR-2 mentions two document widths: 80 and 120 chars. As I
    understand, there is no quick way to enable second column in the
    current version of TA, or is it?
 2. Delete trailing spaces on demand, not only on filesave?
 3. Automatically show autocompletion suggestions after n of typed
    chars, without using keyboard shortcut (IDE-like, Sublime-like)?
 4. It seems that buffer.indic_style allow to highliht background or
    text (buffer.INDIC_TEXTFORE). Is there any way to use both options?
    E.g. transparent indicator and bright-colored text.
 5. Shift + Tab behaviour. Right now it unindents the line only if the
    caret is at the beginning of this line. Is there any way to unindent
    regardless of the caret position?
 6. In Vim, I can automatically indent selection or the whole text with
    gg=G according to the language rules. There is similar option In
    Sublime ("reindent"), but I can't see how to do this in TA, and I
    really miss this feature.

I will appreciate any help.

Anton.