Re: [code] Erlang indentation doesn't recognized on 8.7

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 09:47:11 +0200

Hi,

Am 20/09/16 um 00:01 schrieb Mitchell:
> Hi Alireza,
>
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2016, Alireza Bashiri wrote:
>
>> Hey, today I tried to write some Erlang but the indentation was not
>> recognized automatically is there any wrong with the lexer or whatever?
>
> What do you mean by the indentation was not recognized automatically? Do
> you mean your source file had an indentation setting of something like 4
> spaces but Textadept still uses 2? If so, Textadept does not automatically
> detect indentation like that. You need to tell it what indentation to use.
> You can set up per-language indentation by following these instructions:
>
> http://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#Language.Preferences

if one were dealing with varying indentation a lot it might be worth
looking into automatic detection, an overview of possible algos:

https://medium.com/firefox-developer-tools/detecting-code-indentation-eff3ed0fb56b#.vstxttlt7

If your projects use Editorconfig there are also modules for Textadept:

https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-textadept
https://github.com/Hackerpilot/editorconfig-textadept