Re: [code] AltGr not working in textadept-curses

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 20:04:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on my German Windows workstation the AltGr key has no effect in
> textadept-curses.

Does AltGr normally work in the Windows console?

There is a line of code in `core/keys.lua`:

   --if CURSES then ui.statusbar_text = '"'..key_seq..'"' end

Please uncomment that line and report what kinds of text the statusbar
shows for different AltGr combinations. At this time I'm not sure if/how
pdcurses handles composed keys...

> Interestingly, it works over SSH on a Linux host in textadept-curses.

I suspect that is because your non-Win32-console SSH client correctly
handles AltGr and forwards the correct codes over the wire.