Re: [code] Re: AltGr not working in textadept-curses

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Thorsten,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> * Mitchell (Tue, 20 Sep 2016 20:04:54 -0400 (EDT))
>
>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2016, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>>>
>>> on my German Windows workstation the AltGr key has no effect in
>>> textadept-curses.
>>
>> Does AltGr normally work in the Windows console?
>>
>> There is a line of code in `core/keys.lua`:
>>
>> --if CURSES then ui.statusbar_text = '"'..key_seq..'"' end
>>
>> Please uncomment that line and report what kinds of text the statusbar
>> shows for different AltGr combinations. At this time I'm not sure if/how
>> pdcurses handles composed keys...
>>
>>> Interestingly, it works over SSH on a Linux host in textadept-curses.
>
> It shows "cm\" for AltGr-\ for instance. Or in general "cmCHAR" for
> AltGr-Char.

I see, then it appears that AltGr is acting like a Ctrl+Alt modifier.

I was going to suggest you define a keybinding for "cmCHAR" (where CHAR
was the composed German character) that inserted that composed character,
but it appears CHAR is an ASCII character instead. That's quite
unfortunate.

I cannot find any mention of AltGr handling in the PDCurses source code,
so I don't think this issue can be fixed :( Sorry.