Re: [code] spellchecker and accented character

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 18:48:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Olivier,

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016, Olivier Guibe wrote:

> Hello
>
> I tested today Textadept v8.7 (and also the hg source version) with the spellchecker (from the Wiki),
> under Linux Debian Sid 64 bits.
> With an UTF-8 dictionnary (I convert to isolatin1 to utf8 to have the correct spell checking),
> I have a strange behavior: a correct word starting by a capital letter and contains and accented character is misspelled. For example
> 'Maison' is well spelled
> 'définition' is well spelled
> but
> 'Définition' (a correct word) is misspelled. Moreover with F7, the suggestions contain "Définition".
> Choosing it and then S-F7 again give a misspelled "Définition".

Hmm, it sounds like there's still encoding issue.

I added both 'définition' and 'Définition' (in UTF-8) to my user
dictionary and neither show up as misspelled in a buffer. I then appended
an 'a' to 'définition' (to make 'définitiona'). That showed up as
misspelled, so I triggered suggestions and replaced with 'Définition'.
Still no misspelling.