Re: [code] Parenthesis and selection

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:00:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> More to it: maybe t is the convoluted way of handling some non-English
> keyboards, but
>
> keys[OSX and 'a{' or '{'] = function() ... end
>
> does the trick on my spanish Mac OSX keyboard.
>
> Time to make sure that the character (sequence) you intent to produce is
> the character you actually see in the code? I mean, I don't know how it is
> in other foreign keyboards, but if you type '{' and need a modifier because
> your keyboard says so, the code should only see the '{' without the
> modifiers you needed to press to get it.
>
> If not, sharing configs among users or simple code snippets will be a pain.

Would you please make the following change to your "core/keys.lua"'s
`keypress` function around line 209?

    if not key then return end
    shift = shift and (code >= 256 or code == 9)
+ if OSX and alt and code < 256 then alt = false end
    local key_seq = (control and CTRL or '')..(alt and ALT or '')..

This should ignore the alt/option modifier for at least composed ASCII
keys.

Let me know if it works and I'll commit it.