Re: [code] Reloading sessions, drag and drop files on TA icon in OSX

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:35:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have found a small but frustrating anti-feature: If I drag and drop a
> file on the TA icon on OSX, it will try to reload the session. If by chance
> it fails, it will not load the dragged file. I would guess that the dragged
> file should take priority over the session...
>
> Is it just me? Or other people feel like this...

I've had some time to look into this and it turns out that dragging and
dropping a file onto the Textadept icon on OSX does not effectively
execute `open Textadept.app [filename]`, but it executes `open
Textadept.app` by itself and then sends in [filename] via
`events.APPLEEVENT_ODOC`. As far as I can tell there is no way to detect
if there's a pending `events.APPLEEVENT_ODOC` as Textadept is starting up,
so it appears unavoidable that the previous session is reloaded :(