Re: [code] hotkeys with Cyrillic can`t work for me

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 21:38:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi Vsevolod,

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016, Всеволод Балашов wrote:

> Hello All!
>

> I see that hotkeys are not working when I use Cyrillic keyboard layout in my
> ubuntu 16.04. This only happens in unity, if I run the curses version (also
> in console within unity) - everything is fine. I`m trying v9.0 and nightly.
>
> Any ideas to fix it?

There was a contribution[1] by Heck[2] just before 9.0 that fixed some
instances of Cyrillic key shortcuts. If you can recompile Textadept
without that change, does it still not work? Or perhaps the workaround
listed in the original e-mail may be helpful.

If that doesn't shed light on anything, try uncommenting the `print()`
statement right around line 201 of `core/keys.lua` and run Textadept from
a terminal to see the keypresses that are not working correctly. That may
help diagnose the issue.

I'm afraid I don't know much more about handling different key layouts :(

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/008f87b08bcb
[2]: http://foicica.com/lists/code/201609/3325.html