Re: [code] How to set "wrap mode" to default to WRAP_WORD on Textadept launch?

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 07:58:32 +0100

Hi David,

I'm using the following code in my LaTEX post_init.lua (so yep, you'll need
to add the post_init.lua workaround)

events.connect(events.LEXER_LOADED, function(lang)
  if lang == 'latex' then
    buffer.use_tabs = false
    buffer.tab_width = 2
    buffer.wrap_mode = buffer.WRAP_WHITESPACE
  end
end)

Hope it helps...
/PA

On 28 November 2016 at 19:25, Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> these settings need to go into ~/.textadept/properties.lua
>
> https://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#Buffer.Settings
>
> You can take a look at Textadept's properties.lua for all default
> settings and take the ones you like to overwrite in your custom one.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert
>
> Am 28/11/16 um 19:12 schrieb David Reimer:
> > I have a ~/.textadept/init.lua file from which I call "ui.set_theme()"
> > successfully.
> >
> > I would like to make Textadept launch with the "wrap mode" toggled
> > "on". However, in spite of reading documentation and searching this
> > mail archive, I can't convince it to work. I'm clearly getting the
> > syntax wrong!
> >
> > Here are some of my failures:
> >
> > buffer.wrap_mode = 1
> >
> > buffer.wrap_mode = WRAP_WORD
> >
> > buffer.wrap_mode = buffer.WRAP_WORD
> >
> > As well as each of those options with "textadept." prefixed. None of
> > them work, and they throw different errors on launch, with "attempt to
> > index a nil value (field 'buffer')" being the most common (and with
> > one it just silently fails).
> >
> > If someone could give me the correct line/syntax, I would be most
> grateful!
> >
> > David

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Gerog Kreisler