Re: [code] [textadept] TA 9.1 SIGSEGV in libgail.so

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 09:48:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Gabriel,

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Yesterday I noticed that TA hangs when trying to split views in Ubuntu
> Mate 16.04 64 bits (in 32 bits too) so I downloaded the last 9.1 NIGTHLY,
> rename my ~/.textadept folder and tested it and the issue persists.
>
> The last 9.0 version I have in this computer runs fine.
>
> I run gdb and found that the issue is related to libgail.so:
>
> package: libgail-common
> gtk+2.0
> 2.24.30-1ubuntu1
>
> Here's a screen dump after trying to split the view vertically from the
> menu:
>
> [snip]

Thanks for the detailed traceback. The crash occurs within a GTK call,
more specifically `gtk_container_remove()`. Textadept keeps track of view
references properly, and since I've never seen this before, I'm thinking
it's a GTK problem :( (Also, the code around the crash has not been
changed in years.)

Do you still get the crash when you recompile Textadept yourself?