Re: [code] [textadept] TA 9.1 SIGSEGV in libgail.so

From: Gabriel Dubatti <gdubatti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 12:08:50 -0300

El 17/12/16 a las 11:48, Mitchell escribió:
> Hi Gabriel,
>
> On Sat, 17 Dec 2016, Gabriel Dubatti wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitchell,
>>
>> Yesterday I noticed that TA hangs when trying to split views in
>> Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64 bits (in 32 bits too) so I downloaded the last
>> 9.1 NIGTHLY, rename my ~/.textadept folder and tested it and the
>> issue persists.
>>
>> The last 9.0 version I have in this computer runs fine.
>>
>> I run gdb and found that the issue is related to libgail.so:
>>
>> package: libgail-common
>> gtk+2.0
>> 2.24.30-1ubuntu1
>>
>> Here's a screen dump after trying to split the view vertically
>> from the menu:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Thanks for the detailed traceback. The crash occurs within a GTK call,
> more specifically `gtk_container_remove()`. Textadept keeps track of
> view references properly, and since I've never seen this before, I'm
> thinking it's a GTK problem :( (Also, the code around the crash has
> not been changed in years.)
>
> Do you still get the crash when you recompile Textadept yourself?

Yes. I usually run TA compiled with my toolbar. At first I thought that
was the problem, so I downloaded the latest nightly version and remove
my configs.
It seems that some gtk related update broke it (both in 64 and 32 bits
versions).
I'm running Win32 at work without any issue, though.
I will let you know if I find something else.
Cheers,
Gabriel