Re: [code] Odd behaviour in v9.1 split views

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 00:26:24 +0800

Mitchell, this was at most about three hours' work once you pointed me in a
possible direction. Given how much work Textadept has *saved* me over the
years, I count myself lucky! Thanks, again, for the huge amount of work
you've put into what has become my default editor of choice on any GUI
platform. (I'm afraid I still use Vim for purely textual environments.
Force of habit.:D)

For the lexer, perhaps having a logging subsystem that code could write
into on errors? Then there could be a View->Log that opens a buffer with
the log entries in it. So when something goes wrong, looking at the log
buffer could be the first step in debugging it.

(Of course this would imply code starting to log errors instead of/in
addition to whatever error handling is already in place, but that's
something that can be done incrementally.)