Re: [code] Alt+Shift in multilanguage settings in Linux

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:36:27 +0100

Just for reference, others may also need this (and who knows if this could
make it to the TextAdept code ;-) ) I have put in my .textadept/init.lua

-- This is to avoid the Alt.Shift problem in multilang keyboards in GNOME3

if LINUX then
  keys['cup'] = buffer.line_up_rect_extend
  keys['cdown'] = buffer.line_down_rect_extend
  keys['cleft'] = buffer.char_left_rect_extend
  keys['cright'] = buffer.char_right_rect_extend
end

--
With this I don't kill the original Ctrl-Shift Up/Down functionality (i.e.
to move the current line/selected block) up/down, which is quite handy and
On 12 February 2017 at 20:58, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>
> Hi folks, I have a setup with Spanish and Russian keyboard layout in GNOME.
>> The layout switching key combination is Alt+Shift, which is also used in
>> Textadept with the cursor keys to create a multi-cursor I've over some
>> lines in the same column.
>>
>> It would be nice to be able to reprogram this...
>>

> You can re-define your key bindings for `buffer.line_down_rect_extend`[1]
> and other `buffer.*_rect_extend` functions. For example:
>
>   keys['csdown'] = buffer.line_down_rect_extend
>   keys['csup'] = buffer.line_up_rect_extend

> [1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/api.html#buffer.line_down_rect_extend

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler