Re: [code] [textadept] How to setup textadept to compile ConTeXt on Windows10x64? / TA strange behaviour

From: dmccunney <dennis.mccunney.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:18:24 -0500

My work-around would be "Don't use a virtual keyboard". One problem
may be the virtual keyboard provided by your tablet, Another may be
the framework it runs in. (I've had problems under Android with apps
that don't recognize key presses because the underlying codes never
get to the app.) And since you mention this problem occurs when
you're trying to use a German keyboard, you may have a localization
problem.

There may well be a work-around, but how much time and trouble is it
worth to find it?
______
Dennis

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 3:47 PM, cryo shock <axteffekt.att.gmail.com> wrote:
> When I use a hardware keyboard then itseems to work fine. On my hardware PC
> also everything works fine. Just the virtual keyboard makes issues.
> Like I mentioned, I am sure there is a workaround.
>
> Am 26.02.2017 21:35 schrieb "dmccunney" <dennis.mccunney.att.gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 3:24 PM, cryo shock <axteffekt.att.gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Some keys have the same numeric value. For example I added 113 to the
>> > text
>> > buffer '@'. But then I can't use the q key anymore. Same counts for '|'.
>> > When I bind it, then I can't use the element < anymore. It seems that my
>> > virtual keyboard sends the same ascii adress for the elements which are
>> > typed by using Alt key.
>>
>> What happens if you plug in a real hardware keyboard?
>>
>> Personally, I despise virtual keyboards, and an actual hardware
>> keyboard was a must-have for my Android tablet.
>>
>> > Cheers, Sebastian
>> ______
>> Dennis
>> --