Re: [code] [textadept] How to setup textadept to compile ConTeXt on Windows10x64? / TA strange behaviour

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:02:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi Sebastian,

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017, cryo shock wrote:

> Well, now I know how to assign ascii commands to text buffers. Yet I am
> experiencing another issue.
> Some keys have the same numeric value. For example I added 113 to the text
> buffer '@'. But then I can't use the q key anymore. Same counts for '|'.
> When I bind it, then I can't use the element < anymore. It seems that my
> virtual keyboard sends the same ascii adress for the elements which are
> typed by using Alt key.
>
> Do you think there is a way how to handle this? As far as I know, SciTE and
> textadept are made with the same language. Since in SciTE everything works
> fine I am sure there has to be a way how to solve this.

SciTE and Textadept use different windowing toolkits. SciTE uses WinAPI
and Textadept uses GTK, so that would likely explain the input handling
differences.

I don't know anything about tablet virtual keyboard handling, so you will
have to experiment with key bindings and see if you can find something
that works. The documentation I pointed you to earlier should be of help.
I recommend you remove the `events.KEYPRESS` event handler I suggested you
add earlier and temporarily modify Textadept's *core/keys.lua* file. Find
the line:

   --if CURSES then ui.statusbar_text = '"'..key_seq..'"' end

and change it to:

   ui.statusbar_text = '"'..key_seq..'"'

This will print the key sequence for any key you press. You can then use
that key sequence in key bindings.

(By the way, now it makes sense why the `key['\223'] = function() ... end`
I originally suggested wasn't working -- there was a modifier like Alt
present that I wasn't aware of. It should have been `keys['a\223'] = ...`
or something similar.)