Re: [code] [textadept] How can I save the window size before quitting?

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 08:43:30 -0500 (EST)

Hi Carl,

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

> Hello Mitchell,
>
> I'm wondering if this is the "right" behavior. An alternative would be to
> open with existing settings and add any additional files from the command
> line in additional tabs. Is there some reason this behavior is not that
> exhibited currently?

Yes, the reason is that I don't like the idea of reloading a previous
session if I'm passing a single filename to Textadept. Also, if you use
Textadept as your $EDITOR on Linux where an external program spawns an
instance of Textadept to edit a file (e.g. e-mail, commit message, etc.),
then loading a previous session is quite wrong in my opinion.

Unless there is strong disagreement in the community, I'd like to keep
the current behavior. To my knowledge this is the first time this issue
has been raised.

> Right now opening a file from the command line has the effect of losing the
> current state of editing completely if textadept isn't already open, an act
> not trivial to reverse that could easily be done accidentally.

Perhaps an additional command line switch can be added to load the
previous session in addition to any files on the command line, and/or a
menu item can be added to load the previous session. That way "reversing"
would be more trivial.

I'm of course open to more suggestions :)