Re: [code] [textadept] How can I save the window size before quitting?

From: dmccunney <dennis.mccunney.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 11:04:26 -0500

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Yes, the reason is that I don't like the idea of reloading a previous
> session if I'm passing a single filename to Textadept. Also, if you use
> Textadept as your $EDITOR on Linux where an external program spawns an
> instance of Textadept to edit a file (e.g. e-mail, commit message, etc.),
> then loading a previous session is quite wrong in my opinion.

I concur, but I believe the original complaint concerned the *size* of
the editor window. That's the sort of thing I think users prefer to
always be the same whether loading an existing session or passing
TextAdept a file on the command line when it's defined as $EDITOR
under Linux. A default starting window size probably ought to be a
separately configurable TA option (or something that could be passed
on the command line.).

A menu or some such to load a previous session in that instance would
be one option. Another might be to make loading a previous session
the default, with a parm that could be passed on the command line to
*not* do that when TextAdept is $EDITOR, and that parm becomes part of
the $EDITOR definition.
______
Dennis