Re: [code] [scintillua] Using lpeg lexers with Notepad++

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:48:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Justin,

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017, Justin Dailey wrote:

> I've ran into an issue I haven't figured out yet. For some reason it
> isn't wanting to do any folding (everything else seems to work fine).
> I'm using all non-modified lexers but languages such as cpp and lua
> never seem to find folding symbols. I've also made sure the "fold"
> property is set to "1". Stepping through the LexLPeg.cxx in a debugger
> does call styler.SetLevel() but the fold level is always 1024 (i.e.
> SC_FOLDLEVELBASE). Any ideas or suggestions on the best way to debug
> this?

One thing you can try is to temporarily modify lexers/lexer.lua's `fold()`
function. The 3rd line of that function is:

   local fold = M.property_int['fold'] > 0

Change it to:

   local fold = true

and see if that fixes things. If it does, then for some reason the "fold"
property is actually not set to "1".