Re: [code] Autocomplete list not showing under cursor in multi-monitor setup

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:33:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to report a bug in Textadept v9.3 where the autocomplete list is
> showing on the first monitor only, not under the cursor if Textadept in on
> a different monitor.
>
> So if I make the autocomplete list show and Textadept is on a different
> monitor the list shows up on monitor 1.
>
> I am in Debian Linux 8.6 with Textadept v9.3-64bit.
> I install Textadept v9.2-64bit and it works as expected.
>
> Please let me know if there is any more information you need.

Thanks for the report. Are you able to compile Textadept on your machine?
If so, you can help expedite a fix by doing the following:

0. Backup *src/scintilla/gtk/PlatGTK.cxx* and
*src/scintilla/gtk/ScintillaGTK.cxx*.
1. Replace the contents of *src/scintilla/gtk/PlatGTK.cxx* with the
contents of the *first* attachment.
2. Recompile Textadept.
3. See if the bug goes away. If so, let me know that step 1 worked and
you're done!
4. Replace the contents of *src/scintilla/gtk/ScintillaGTK.cxx* with the
contents of the *second* attachment.
5. Replace the contents of *src/scintilla/gtk/PlatGTK.cxx* with the
contents of the *third* attachement.
6. Recompile Textadept.
7. See if the bug goes away. If so, let me know that steps 4 and 5 worked.

If you are not able to try this for me, that's okay. I'll just have to do
this myself when I find some time (and a couple of monitors).