Re: [code] [textadept] Questions regarding scrollbar size in Windows.

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:36:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Sebastian,

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017, cryo shock wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to change the width of the scrollbar and if possible also the
> minimum height of the scrollbar rectangle, that you use to scroll.
> When it comes to Windows software, this can be done by changing registry
> keys. But of course not for TA, since it uses GTK instead of WinAPI. So my
> question is, how can I change scroll bar size and similar settings? I hope
> that this can be done by adding some commands to init.lua, since I only
> want to change those settings on one of three computers.

Since this is a GTK setting[1], you'd be modifying a GTKRC file instead of
a Lua file. I found this that may be of help:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/47674/how-should-one-change-the-width-of-scrollbar

> [snip]
>
> Another side-question is only for my trivia: how difficult or easy would it
> be to change TA from GTK to WinAPI? Or should rather SciTE be used in such
> case?

It's on-a-par with a complete rewrite of Textadept.

[1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/manual.html#GUI.Theme