Re: [code] Autocomplete list not showing under cursor in multi-monitor setup

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:25:52 +0100

Hey,
This is a bit off-topic (apologies upfront)
I have had a couple of TextAdept users on Mac asking me what the
autocompletion key sequence is. In newer keyboards, the symbol used in the
documentation does not exist, they complain. Maybe a hint that it is the
Esc key would not hurt ;-)

Best, /PA

On 15 March 2017 at 15:23, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2017, Ryan Pusztai wrote:
>
> Hi Mitchell,
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the report. Are you able to compile Textadept on your machine?
>>> If so, you can help expedite a fix by doing the following:
>>>
>>> 0. Backup *src/scintilla/gtk/PlatGTK.cxx* and
>>> *src/scintilla/gtk/ScintillaGTK.cxx*.
>>> 1. Replace the contents of *src/scintilla/gtk/PlatGTK.cxx* with the
>>> contents of the *first* attachment.
>>> 2. Recompile Textadept.
>>> 3. See if the bug goes away. If so, let me know that step 1 worked and
>>> you're done!
>>> 4. Replace the contents of *src/scintilla/gtk/ScintillaGTK.cxx* with the
>>> contents of the *second* attachment.
>>> 5. Replace the contents of *src/scintilla/gtk/PlatGTK.cxx* with the
>>> contents of the *third* attachement.
>>> 6. Recompile Textadept.
>>> 7. See if the bug goes away. If so, let me know that steps 4 and 5
>>> worked.
>>>
>>> If you are not able to try this for me, that's okay. I'll just have to do
>>> this myself when I find some time (and a couple of monitors).
>>>

>> I was able to compile Textadept and Step 1 (PlatGTK_r6097.cxx) worked. Let
>> me know if you need any other help.
>>

> Thank you! I've committed a patch[1] that should appear in the next
> nightly build. When you have the chance, please double-check that the
> nightly fixes the problem.

> [1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/1ab3d5e42a0f

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler