Re: [code] more line-number digits

From: <rhkramer.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:40:00 -0400

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 04:52:00 PM dmccunney wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Carl Sturtivant <sturtivant.att.gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I'm looking at some files with hundreds of thousands of lines in them.
> > How can I persuade textadept to use more digits for line numbers? Right
> > now 9999 seems to be the maximum correctly displayed.
>
> What sort of files? TextAdept doesn't sound like the right tool for
> looking at them. TextAdept is an editor, and I can't see a case where
> you might want to edit files that big.

I (I'm not the OP) routinely edit files up to (currently) about 35 MB, with
about 500,000 (unwrapped) paragraphs, and I'd hesitate to guess at how many
lines--maybe 2,000,000?

I use different editors depending on my intent, including, nedit and kate--I
plan to switch to a scintilla based editor once I get a lexer written for the
markup I use.

But I guess you're saying I should not consider TextAdept?