Re: [code] more line-number digits

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:52:29 +0100

Am 16/03/17 um 02:11 schrieb rhkramer.att.gmail.com:
> On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 09:05:06 PM rhkramer.att.gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 06:03:04 PM dmccunney wrote:
>>> What kind of files are they, and what sort of editing do you do?
>
>> Maybe to answer your question more directly, it is marked up text, with
>> some links (that are highlighted but don't actually work within Kate or
>> nedit).
>
> I guess I could add that the text is broken up into records which are
> analogous to a web or TWiki page. In the nedit files, the record header is
> custom, in the Kate files (and for the future scintilla files) the record header
> is basically an mbox email header (including the From line)--thus, I can also
> view those records as emails in an email client (e.g., kmail).

You could also consider building something similar with Textadept, e.g.
on opening your wiki file show a list of headers using Textredux[1],
then edit them one by one but still save them in your single-file
format. You could overlay all short cuts like open, save for your extension.

[1] http://rgieseke.github.io/textredux/