[code] [textadept] Is there a way to enclose text in Snippets?

From: cryo shock <axteffekt.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 00:46:45 +0100

Hi there,

I read in the manual about how to enclose text in brackets and so on, can
be also found out when using Edit...

Yet I haven't found a way so far, to enclose a highlighted text in
snippets. I think it's possible to add them like in the Edit menu for each
command, but is there also a way to open the snippet context menu on a
highlighted text?

Right now when you open the snippet menu and chose one then the highlighted
text gets overwritten. It would be great, if I could use the snippet
context menu like this:

you have a text "Word", you highlight it, you press Ctrl+K or similar, then
choose a snippet like italic or bold, and then the text looks like this:
{\bf Word}

Thank you very much in advance for every help.