Re: [code] [Textadept bug] Search & Replace all not working with Regex

From: Ryan P.C. McQuen <ryanpcmcquen.att.member.fsf.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:25:25 -0700

This is not quite a bug, but a feature. When text is selected, "Replace

All" acts as "replace all in selection". You need to de-select the "\n"

replaced, and then click "Replace All" to have all "\\n" replaced.

I suppose this behavior may be tweaked to check if selected text exactly

matches replacement text, and if so, go ahead and truly replace all. I'll

have a look into it. It may be tricky with backreferences in replacement

text though.

 OK, that makes sense. It is a bit disconcerting … it appears that Replace and Replace All have the same functionality in this context then, since Replace would also replace all occurrences within the selected text. Isn’t it more useful for the functionality to differ?
 -Ryan
[ryanpcmcquen.org]
 ​