Re: [code] [textadept] Is there a way to enclose text in Snippets?

From: cryo shock <axteffekt.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:09:02 +0100

Guten Tag Robert ;),

thanks for your answer. That's absolutely what I was looking for.
I can't explain to myself, how I could over-read this. Since English isn't
my native language I assume that I simply didn't know how to translate what
I was looking for. On the other hand I have no experience in programming,
Lua not to mention, yet, I have to say that in the API manual it isn't
explained as easily as you did.

To put it short:
I already had snippets added to my user/init.lua and they look like this:

snippets.context['emph'] = '{\\em %0}' -- emphasize text

With your help I only had to add the string you mentioned: <selected_text>
after the %n placeholder. Now the snippets look like this:

snippets.context['emph'] = '{\\em %0<selected_text>}' -- emphasize text

Of course it works, so thanks again. Before, I also added the "Insert
Snippet..." menu to my right-click context menu. Now I can highlight text
and surround it with a nippet just by using the mouse, which makes
Textadept my favorite editor.

Now that we've already begun, may I ask another question? I would like to
add documentation to the snippets. I assume that simply putting a third
dash before "-- emphasize text that is highlighted" won't do the trick.
When you comment the documentation with -- or --- then the text doesn't pop
up in the snippet menu (what I totally agree with). But what I imagine is:
When you open the snippet context menu, you have a third section after
"Trigger" and "Snippet Text" like "Comment" or "Documentation".

Is this somehow achievable without using additional software?

Cheers, Sebastian