Re: [code] [Textadept bug] Search & Replace all not working with Regex

From: Ryan P.C. McQuen <ryanpcmcquen.att.member.fsf.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:42:36 -0700

---- On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:40:58 -0700 Mitchell &lt;m.att.foicica.com&gt; wrote ----

Hi Ryan,

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, Ryan P.C. McQuen wrote:

&gt;&gt; I wrote:

&gt;

&gt;&gt; This is not quite a bug, but a feature. When text is selected, "Replace

&gt;&gt; All" acts as "replace all in selection". You need to de-select the "\n"

&gt;&gt; replaced, and then click "Replace All" to have all "\\n" replaced.

&gt;

&gt;&gt; I suppose this behavior may be tweaked to check if selected text exactly

&gt;&gt; matches replacement text, and if so, go ahead and truly replace all. I'll

&gt;&gt; have a look into it. It may be tricky with backreferences in replacement

&gt;&gt; text though.

&gt;

&gt; OK, that makes sense. It is a bit disconcerting … it appears that

&gt; Replace and Replace All have the same functionality in this context

&gt; then, since Replace would also replace all occurrences within the

&gt; selected text. Isn’t it more useful for the functionality to differ?

I agree, which is why I mentioned I'd look into tweaking the current

behavior.

&gt; I misspoke a bit, the functionality is not identical, but it doesn’t

&gt; seem to work as you say:

&gt;

&gt; If I select all the text and click Replace All, nothing happens. Is that

&gt; intentional?

You found a bug. If the end of the selection is one character before the

end of the buffer, replace in selection works as expected. I will look

into a fix. Thanks for the report.

Thank you!

-Ryan

[ryanpcmcquen.org]