[code] Feature request: snippet._insert should allow replacing the selection

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 13:01:06 +0200

Hi folks,

don't know if this is too difficult, but I think it is somehow not a
moonshot. If I have a snippet like
'\\%1(ac){%<selected_text>%2}%0'
in a LaTEX mode, what I'm actually intending is to insert an acronym or
convert the selected text into a new acronym. Converting IMHO means
replacing the selection with the text resulting from applying the snippet...

Just my .2 cents, /PA

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler