Re: [code] Feature request: snippet._insert should allow replacing the selection

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 18:12:09 +0200

Hi Mitchell

lots of confusion with the snippets and %<selected_text>. I think have
figured out what puzzles me (see attached screenshot to follow).

So left is the ini.file right is a text file. Lines 1, 2, 3 and 10 are what
happens if I apply any of the snippets to a line that is completely
selected: selected text is kept and result of snippet is appended at end
of line. This behaviour is unexpected and cause of my woes.

Lines 4,5,6 and 7 are the correct behaviour of the first snippet and that
only happens when we select a line partially (a word, or a couple of words
from a line.

Textadept 9.3 on OSX (stock version)

Best, /PA
[image: Inline images 1]

On 2 April 2017 at 17:36, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>>
>> don't know if this is too difficult, but I think it is somehow not a
>> moonshot. If I have a snippet like
>> '\\%1(ac){%<selected_text>%2}%0'
>> in a LaTEX mode, what I'm actually intending is to insert an acronym or
>> convert the selected text into a new acronym. Converting IMHO means
>> replacing the selection with the text resulting from applying the
>> snippet...
>>

> Would you please give an example of input and then an example of the
> expected output? I cannot visualize what you are suggesting. Thank you.

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler