Re: [code] [Textadept] .desktop file has a few issues

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:29:06 +0200

More on this...

I have pulled the last patches from mercurial and, after rebuilding and
reinstalling my .deb packages, I have lost the TextAdept Icon in the
Applications Menu in XFCE. This can be solved by removing the path in the
.desktop file and linking the .svg file to /usr/share/pixmaps or in the
hicolor icon theme, which is always there and used as a backup in the
different usual suspects ;-)

Another suggestion for a future version of the Makefile is to make the
desktop file installation depend on the actual install_targets. Background:
I'm not building the CURSES version of TA for my .deb package yet. Plan is
to create a .deb package with the GUI and one with the TA version. To
control what is being built, I plan to set install_targets=../textadept or
install_targets=../textadept-curses in my debian/rules file.

Attached is a screenshot of the current problem.

Best, /PA

[image: Inline images 1]

On 21 April 2017 at 08:23, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Whoops... Short-circuit in my email Reader.
>
> Now the real answer. Roaming through the docs, basically GNOME3 because
> they are the ones I feel are more complete, I have found out that there are
> two places to put icons: the hicolor icon theme and /usr/share/pixmaps.
> Either are recognised by GNOME, MATE, CINNAMON and XFCE. Don't know about
> KDE, but I may try in the future ;-) I have confirmed this to be quite OS
> independent... I regularily use Linux and FreeBSD with packages I compile
> myself.
>
> Best, /PA
>
> El 20 abr. 2017 19:55, "Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez" <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
> escribió:
>
>> Hi, cool with me, I'll test it tomorrow...
>>
>> Best, PA
>>
>> El 20 abr. 2017 17:25, "Mitchell" <m.att.foicica.com> escribió:
>>
>>> Hi Pedro,
>>>
>>> On Wed, 19 Apr 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> What is the reason for installing icons everywhere on the user's system?
>>> As far as I can tell, the .desktop file contains everything needed to show
>>> Textadept's icon.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mitchell
>>> --
>>> You are subscribed to code.att.foicica.com.

Fragen sind da um gestellet zu werden
Georg Kreisler