Re: [code] [Textadept] .desktop file has a few issues

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:40:15 +0200

More on icons from
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html
Installing Application Icons

So, you're an application author, and want to install application icons so
that they work in the KDE and Gnome menus. Minimally you should install a
48x48 icon in the hicolor theme. This means installing a PNG file in
$prefix/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps. Optionally you can install icons in
different sizes. For example, installing a svg icon in
$prefix/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps means most desktops will have one
icon that works for all sizes.

Shouldn't we also follow this recommendation? Open for discussion, as well
as using desktop-file-install to install the desktop file. This tools is
also hosted in freedesktop.org

My .2 cents, /PA