[code] Weirdness with Windows domain logins

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:19:21 +0800

As usual I run Textadept on any machine I have access to because, you know,
I like editors that don't suck. I'm having problems on a Windows 10
machine I can't figure out however. The issue is this: when I run
Textadept (9.3) from a local account, everything works perfectly; no
troubles whatsoever. When I run it from a domain account, however,
everything works perfectly as long as I don't want to search for text. The
entry boxes in the search ribbon at the bottom are disabled in a domain
account.

It doesn't matter where I install Textadept to, I get the same problem.
This smells of a permissions problem, but I have no idea WHAT is not being
permitted because, as usual, Windows likes to just silently fail without
telling you why.

What feature is being used to put up the text entry boxes in the search
ribbon and where would I likely have to go to find the solution?