Re: [code] Weirdness with Windows domain logins

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:23:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017, Michael Richter wrote:

> As usual I run Textadept on any machine I have access to because, you know,
> I like editors that don't suck. I'm having problems on a Windows 10
> machine I can't figure out however. The issue is this: when I run
> Textadept (9.3) from a local account, everything works perfectly; no
> troubles whatsoever. When I run it from a domain account, however,
> everything works perfectly as long as I don't want to search for text. The
> entry boxes in the search ribbon at the bottom are disabled in a domain
> account.

What do you mean by disabled? Do you mean you cannot type into them?

> It doesn't matter where I install Textadept to, I get the same problem.
> This smells of a permissions problem, but I have no idea WHAT is not being
> permitted because, as usual, Windows likes to just silently fail without
> telling you why.
>
> What feature is being used to put up the text entry boxes in the search
> ribbon and where would I likely have to go to find the solution?

This is quite baffling. I have no idea what could be causing the issue.
Textadept is not using any special text boxes in the Find & Replace pane.
All it does is call `gtk_widget_show()` and `gtk_widget_hide()` as
necessary[1]. Can you use any other text entry widgets just fine? (e.g.
Search -> Jump to, Tools -> Select Command, etc.)

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/file/dbb4c8be23e5/src/textadept.c#l437