Re: [code] some unicode not rendering

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:35:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Carl,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Consolas as font on Windows, and some text from here
> http://www.kermitproject.org/utf8.html
> is in the font, and renders correctly in a Cygwin terminal set to use
> Consolas when a program edited in textadept prints it out. However, textadept
> does not render some of that selfsame text when editing that program, merely
> showing characters as boxes when they are clearly in the Consolas font.
> Haven't tried Linux yet, and I imagine the same sort of thing is going on.
> Why is this and what can I do about it?

So you are using Textadept in a Cygwin terminal (set up to use the
Consolas font), but when you open a UTF-8 file for editing, some of the
characters are not showing properly?

If so, does Textadept render the file properly in any other UTF-8-aware
font? Does the file render properly in the Windows console? Does the GUI
version of Textadept, configured to use Consolas, render the file
properly?

Textadept uses pdcurses for terminal rendering on Windows, which appears
to support UTF-8 properly[1], but perhaps there are edge cases.

[1]: https://github.com/macton/pdcurses/tree/master/win32