Re: [code] [textadept] Little problem with ui.dialogs.filteredlist

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:45:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Giovanni,

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017, Giovanni Salmeri wrote:

> Hello! I discovered what seems to me a little bug (or limit?) in
> ui.dialogs.filteredlist. Minimal example:
>
> ui.dialogs.filteredlist{items = {'first', 'second', '--third',
> 'fourth'}, columns = {'item'}}
>
> The item which begins with '--' and all the following ones are ignored.
> Perhaps the reason is that -- is interpreted as the beginning of an
> option in gtdialog? Is there a workaround? Thank you very much!

Unfortunately, you've found a limitation :( The "--" prefix indeed is
interpreted as another command line option. The only workaround is to
avoid that switch and do some post-processing (e.g. use "%--third" and
then check for leading "%" after the dialog returns). I'll add this issue
to my list. Sorry about that.