Re: [code] [Textadept] .desktop file has a few issues

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 20:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> thanks for _your_ patience with me :-D I now have more time, since I'm in
> pre-retirement and teaching part time and I'm filling my time with things
> like this. Don't feel pressed by me, just follow your pace.
>
> I'm full of doubts myself. One of the things that I feel misleading is
> using this XDG_DATA_DIR name, since the spec only talks about XDG_DATA_DIRS
> being a path of possible locations for data and desktop files in a
> freedesktop.org-compliant desktop.

I've committed a change[1] that places icons in /usr/share/pixmaps, as
recommended by Gnome. I prefer not to also add them to the hicolor theme.
In my tests, it appears the /usr/share/pixmaps location is sufficient. Let
me know if you find otherwise.

> [snip]
>
> Tell me if you are interested in the desktop file installation procedure
> using freedesktop.org tools.

I'm not sure what you mean here. It sounds complicated, so I'm probably
not interested :)

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/dfcde58546c5