Re: [code] [textadept] No Localization:context

From: cryo shock <axteffekt.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 21:35:00 +0200

Sure, a macro or some kind wouldn't be bad.
Right now, to keep things easy, I took an existing gtkrc from a GTK+ theme
collection, to which I added some options for scroll button size. I use to
paste it over the existing one after updating TA.
Since I also use to extract modules after each update this wasn't too bad
for me.
Yet my thought was to copy-paste the content of a ~\gtkrc to the one in
TA's main folder, when for example a size, version or date change is
detected. On the other hand this most probably would increase start-up time
of TA, and seems not possible due to Lua's access limitations.

You're thinking about a way to copy the whole file instead of the content.
I will call you a hacker from now on. :D The idea is great. I think at
least GTK or Lua should be capable of this.

Speaking of modules...
I have a side-quest:

Modules in the *.zip file are around 1 MB while TA standalone is around 12
MB in size, so

is there a way to make a complete package available for download as well
(TA wModules)?
Not that I see a problem in extracting them once in two or three months
additionally to TA itself, but approx 8 additional percent of the resulting
size would be a more efficient approach, since human right now has to do
work, that could have been made by machine in advance much faster.

This just from a users point of view. Yet I like TA anyway. :)

My 19 cents